Happy new year everybody!! if its too late :).
I have been to a lot of forum, youtube, article in the internet. There seem a war of words between Linux, Mac and Windows user each calling the other sucks and stuff. Its pretty disturbing for a person to take side in this thing and not mention some of them are downright assumption and insult.
I have use for a small amount of my time for Mac OS X, pretty good in terms of functionality but i can't say much since i haven't really explored anything with it. I just start it, open dreamweaver start coding and shut it off.
Well people will at least familiar to Windows due to most home will have it or it's the only OS they ever touch. The current iteration Windows Vista have a couple quirks but i have to say, they do take security issues seriously. I notice it does mimic linux security implementation which is a great thing although some user did not like to ask for their password each time they want to do something. I do it a lot in Linux so i actually don't mind at all. The only thing bad about vista is their memory consumption. It takes 1 GB approx on startup (due to superfetch). The simple solution is turn it off as a service or buy another 1GB for your computer. 2GB should be enough for casual user and it ain't that very expensive.
Regarding Linux, it become one the most interesting OS to date. After using this OS for quite some time mainly in ubuntu and opensuse, I find out that it was quite complex when something that doesn't work out of the box especially network card which need a driver. Also something happen that not allow me to configure my ip address manually that doesn't change after key in. Pretty weird stuff. I do able to pass the hurdle to get it up again and find some alternative, but i doubt my father able to do it.
There's something more i curious about Linux although i do like Linux in a sadistic weird way. I will tell it on the next post. Tata for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment